The aim of this work is to present the method of rehabilitation of patients, who underwent operation
on the spinal lumbar section (fenestration at L3-L4, L4-L5, L5-S1 levels). The authors, on
the basis of their own many year’s experience, present a comprehensive method of early therapeutic
rehabilitation with particular emphasis on the latest methods applied in rehabilitation and manual
therapy. In the course of treatment certain physical therapy procedures were used, but, first of all,
osteopathic and neuromobilization techniques were applied.
The therapeutic rehabilitation takes place as from the second week following the operation and
– Sutherland’s, Jones’s and Schiowitz’s-FPR osteopathic functional techniques,
– relaxation within the area of the contracted muscles, ligaments and nerves, accompanied by auto
therapy learning of the above structures,
– elements of physiotherapy from the point of view of antiedematosis and hyperemia,
– reconstruction of motor patterns and trunk stabilization with the introduction of exercises of the
– within a period of 4-6 weeks following the operation, an evaluation of the functional state takes
place after a previous functional examination, accompanied by eliminating possible articular
– afterwards, a periodic checkup is recommended as a secondary prevention, which usually takes
from 3 to 12 months.
The obtained results encourage this type of rehabilitation treatment.