Journal of Orthopaedics Trauma Surgery and Related Research

Journal of Orthopaedics Trauma Surgery and Related Research

An Official Journal of Polish Society of Orthopaedics and Traumatology

ISSN:1897-2276
e-ISSN: 2449-9145

All submissions of the EM system will be redirected to Online Manuscript Submission System. Authors are requested to submit articles directly to Online Manuscript Submission System of respective journal.

The frequency of lower limbs injuries among ballet school pupils

Author(s): Dąbrowska Magdalena, Dąbrowska Jolanta, Gaździk Tadeusz Szymon

Background. Lower limbs, especially feet are commonly overloaded in each type of dance. Lower limbs injury rates in this group is about 76%. The majority of injuries is related to feet and includes ankle sprain and tendons inflammation due to overload. The aim of the study was to evaluate the frequency of occurrence of lower limbs injury among ballet dancers. Material and methods. 41 students aged 13-19 of the ballet school in Bytom were evaluated. The own questionnaire combined of two parts was the research instrument. The first part included questions such as age, body weight and height and the second part included information about the frequency and type of lower limbs injuries, occurrence of back pain and the physiotherapy treatment. Results. More than 63% of ballet dancers suffered from lower limb injury. In this group 88.46% of injuries concerned ankle joint and remaining 11.54% knee joint. The most common injury was ankle sprain (46.15%) and ankle overload or dislocation (30.77%). Conclusions. Lower limbs injury is very common in ballet dancers. There is a great need of permanent physiotherapy care in ballet dancers.


+447427479519
Indexed in

Scopus Embase/EXPERTA MEDICA Road Directory of Open Access
Scholarly Resources
Publons MIAR GBL Ministry of Science and Higher
Education
Index Copernicus
SCImago Journal & Country Rank
Annals of Medical and Health Sciences Research Journal of Orthopaedics Trauma Surgery and Related Research a publication of Polish Society, is a peer-reviewed online journal with quaterly print on demand compilation of issues published.
Submit your Manuscript